Yeshua Is The Living Torah
The Torah [The Father’s Teachings] was given through Moses…. Jn 1:17
The Word [Torah/Tanakh] became flesh and dwelt among us….Jn 1:14
Yeshua said, My teaching is not Mine, but of the One Who sent Me. Jn 12:16
The Eternal Father authenticates His existence in multiple ways yet none is higher than when He fulfills His prophecies. Of His prophecies, none is greater than the Promise of the Prophet like Moses. The Father humbles Himself to work through man to establish His patterns. He authenticates His revelations by two or three witnesses. His pattern follows a natural before a spiritual. He spoke His Torah Teachings Mouth to Mouth to Moses. He gave Moses an amazing prophecy that He would send a Prophet like him and put His Words in the Prophet’s mouth. Since Moses, a natural man, received the Torah Mouth to Mouth from the Eternal Father and brought the Torah to the people, the Promised Prophet, the Spiritual man, must also receive the Father’s Word Mouth to mouth and bring the Torah to the people. The Apostle John identifies Yeshua as the Living Torah/Word that became flesh. Jn 1:14
The Promised Prophet Like Moses
Century after century the Jews waited for the Prophet like Moses. After 1500 years a fiery messenger, John the Baptist, came preaching repentance to prepare the way for the Promised One. At Mt. Sinai the Mosaic Covenant came with fiery force. Hence when John the Baptist, the fiery messenger, came preaching repentance, the Jews asked, Are you the Prophet? He said “No!”
- Yeshua said to them, When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing on My own authority, but speak just as the Father taught Me. Jn 8:28
- The crowds said, This is the Prophet Yeshua, from Nazareth…. Mt 21:1
- When the people saw the sign that He had done, they said, ‘This is indeed the Prophet who is to come into the world!’ Jn 6:14
- I did not speak from Myself, but the Father, the One Who sent Me, gave Me a commandment, what I could say and what I could speak.... what I am speaking, is just as the Father has spoken to Me…. Jn 12:49-50
- When they heard these words, some of the people said, ‘This really is the Prophet.’ Jn 7:40.
- Do not think that I have come to abolish the [Torah] Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the [Torah] Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Mt 5:17-19
The Jews waited centuries for the fulfillment of the Prophecy given to Moses. The word fulfill in Greek is plero’o. Plero’o has to do with the filling up of that which was empty, as in the filling up of a cup. A prophecy is unfulfilled and empty until its fulfillment. Yeshua Messiah is the fulfillment of the Promised Prophet like Moses Who brought Torah to the people.